Forum

Author Topic: Streaks in orthomosaic  (Read 4075 times)

paulmartec

• View Profile
Re: Streaks in orthomosaic
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2020, 06:01:31 AM »
I would process a subset of the project and exclude the cameras and see what result you get.  If equally poor results then you need to keep looking.  If the surface tighten's right up, then you may have isolated the problem to the drone.
I went back to square one and now think its a projection issue with conflicting datums, GDA2020 v GDA1994.  I'll re run the GCP data and convert it to GDA2020 which is what the images are tagged as.  I didn't initially realise that, ironically the difference in the new datum height is 1.6mts.

dpitman

• View Profile
Re: Streaks in orthomosaic
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2020, 06:05:39 AM »
I would process a subset of the project and exclude the cameras and see what result you get.  If equally poor results then you need to keep looking.  If the surface tighten's right up, then you may have isolated the problem to the drone.
I went back to square one and now think its a projection issue with conflicting datums, GDA2020 v GDA1994.  I'll re run the GCP data and convert it to GDA2020 which is what the images are tagged as.  I didn't initially realise that, ironically the difference in the new datum height is 1.6mts.

Good catch.  That could certainly result in some "interesting" results.  Let us know how it goes.