Forum

Author Topic: Can I take Metashape project to photoscan as latter for all is HORRENDOUSLY SLOW  (Read 1374 times)

Steve003

• View Profile
Hi,
Photoscan create dense point cloud farm tractor.
Align photos took ages, but that was nothing compared to next stage...make dense point cloud.
25% done overall process, 41% done on reconstructing depth  1hr 07 passed,  1hr 26 still to go.
this time is not accurate as earlier on it added up to 2hr 20 mins now its 2hrs 33mins so the goal posts keep moving.

Whats the betting its 3hrs. then the mesh to make another hour. could be 5hrs to do what metashape did in 45mins.

But as it makes blurred textures and Photoscan correct ones, I have to revert to an old program and this HORRENDOUS SLOW SPEED, unable to use PC as PC slow during it and I wish it to use all resources.

I do wish metashape got fixed. I updated to latest 1.7.4 thinking all would be good.

Can I export Metashape backwards to get Photoscan to do just the textures ?

Steve

Kiesel

• View Profile
Hi Steve,

you can use the "save as" command and choose earlier formats down to Metashape 1.0 (Photoscan 1.0).

Kiesel

Steve003

• View Profile
Hi Kiesel,
many thanks, that might be EXTREMELY useful until Metashape can make non blurry textures.
the ability to do Mesh from depth maps produces a much more refined mesh than Photoscans dense point cloud only option, so getting that into photoscan could be what is needed.
I will also try all the various options in texture making in-case mosaic (default) is the problem.
If it wasnt for the textures and failure to align all images when Photoscan manages to do both, metashape would be ok.
Await feedback from the tech team, but nothing after 2 weeks so far.
Steve