Forum

Author Topic: Straightening spherical using Agisoft output  (Read 1460 times)

kaaiinn

• View Profile
Straightening spherical using Agisoft output
« on: September 09, 2020, 01:19:20 PM »
Hi there,

Was wondering if it was possible to use the post alignment rotation calculations to straighten a spherical image?

Dataset consists of multiple spherical cameras aligned together and given coordinates through known ground points (XYZ).

I see that yaw, pitch and roll are calculated in Agisoft, and can see that Agisoft displays that the sphericals are not quite straight due to the horizontal line in each spherical being squint. I was wondering if I could use any of the information generated by Agisoft to straighten these panoramas after alignment, rather than doing each image manually.

I have tried using the straight Yaw est (°), Pitch est (°), and Roll est (°) in hugin but they are not correct.

Image attached of a spherical camera being displayed as not quite level.

Any help appreciated!

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Straightening spherical using Agisoft output
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2020, 05:06:14 PM »
Hello kaaiinn,

Is the project that you are working on georeferenced?

And which level you are comparing the aligned spherical cameras with? Coordinate system axis in the Model view or the ground level shown as tie points?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

kaaiinn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2020, 05:10:14 PM »
The project has been assigned known coordinates of the building from a 3D model which has its own coordinate system (eg corner of building has coordinates (0,0,0).

I am viewing the project side-on with the floor beneath the sphericals.

EDIT

I should say that I am aware that the sphericals are squint as they were not photographed straight. This means that the alignment was completely correct.
- I am trying to understand by what degree the sphericals are squint in a roll, pitch, yaw format so that they can be correct for use outside of Agisoft. It would appear from the model view that this information is stored somewhere.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 05:14:51 PM by kaaiinn »

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2020, 09:32:16 PM »
Hello kaaiinn,

I think that you can add -90 degrees Pitch angle offset in the Camera Calibration -> GPS/INS Offset tab -> Reference column, press update button on the Reference pane toolbar and then check estimated roll angle for the cameras.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC