Forum

Author Topic: HELP Exporting camera track to litchi, only has flight path - no camera settings  (Read 1960 times)

EnvironsKimberley

• View Profile
Hi all,

I have been trying now for a while to get the plan mission function to work.  I am trying to create a detailed vegetation map so have flown a preliminary flight taking just nadir imagery to generate a base map from which I am trying to now plan a mission so I can map it in detail.

Attached is an image of my mission settings.  I have selected the area that I want the drone to focus on (its a DJI Mavic Pro 2). 

I have specified a 'home' point. 
The take off altitude is 9m - I am still unsure if the min altitude is distance from take off altitude or just regular altitude. The maximum vegetation height is approx 4m so I have set min altitude at 15m.

These settings do not have to be kept, at the moment I am just trying to get this to work.

I export the camera track as a .kml.  Does the selection of KML format matter? I have tried both Google earth and DJI Pilot.

The other three settings I leave as they are.

I have chosen Litchi as the flight program to use as that is what the Mission Planning tutorial has suggested. When I import the flight plan into Litchi the way-points have no settings indicating what the drone should be doing and when I fly the flight paths It follows the track and merely stops on each point before moving to the next one.

If someone could shed some light as to what I have done wrong here that would be much appreciated.

simiyutin

• View Profile
Hi!

"DJI Pilot" export format is intended for use with correspondent app only. From official DJI documentation Mavic 2 Pro is currently not supported (only Mavic Enterprise), but some posts on DJI-related forums say that it quietly works with some other drones including Mavic 2 Pro.

When using Litchi you need to select "Google Earth" KML export format and check both "Threat views as Waypoints" and "Add Take Photo Action" ticks when importing KML file using Litchi Mission Hub (https://flylitchi.com/hub)

EnvironsKimberley

• View Profile
You legend!!!

Thank you very very much for this help.  It has been a huge frustration for me, so hopefully this should solve the problem!

Will let you know how I go.

Cheers