Forum

Author Topic: Insert a clipped aerial photo to insert to a chunk Question  (Read 1317 times)

PROBERT1968

• Hello !
    • View Profile
Insert a clipped aerial photo to insert to a chunk Question
« on: September 17, 2020, 05:15:09 AM »
Hello,

I have been dealing with aerial photos that I have been working on.  The problem is that I have two of them doesn't work because the top and the bottom of two each  photo looks apparently duplicate twice or it looked like they were smeared

So I had to separate them into chunk and overlap with others and they worked fine...

Problem is they are in landscape instead of full portrait and leaves out top and bottom of the photo

so if you want to merge them chunks  and it leaves a gap in between the two ....

I found an aerial photo that is similar to that from an internet. They are not ours but part of USGS.  Our scanned aerial photos are from the US Forest Service..... Just two different agencies.

I wanted that aerial photo from USGS  to add in  Metashape and doesn't work and been trying to figure it out and are out of luck....

What if I want to clipped that aerial photo from USGS  and add it to a chunk and ran it. Will it work ?  Will it lose critical information inside of the photo ?

I will upload the pictures to here tomorrow on 17 September 2020.  ( I don't have them on my personal computer).

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Insert a clipped aerial photo to insert to a chunk Question
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2020, 01:37:53 PM »
Hello PROBERT1968,

You can process scanned images in Metashape, but for better results it would be good, if those images have fiducial marks and you can input their coordinates on the frame according to the camera certificate.

Using cropped images without fiducial marks is not recommended, as the interior orientation parameters wouldn't be properly estimated in most cases.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

PROBERT1968

• Hello !
    • View Profile
Re: Insert a clipped aerial photo to insert to a chunk Question
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2020, 03:37:46 AM »
Ok