Forum

Author Topic: Use PPP corrected positions to overwrite image positions  (Read 2068 times)

amcleod

• View Profile
Use PPP corrected positions to overwrite image positions
« on: September 18, 2020, 08:06:48 PM »
Can a file of image positions that have been corrected using post processing be used to edit the position of each image in a chunk? I have collected land survey overflights with a BAAM Tech Phantom 2 with SwiftNav GNSS. The observable data can be post processed using Precise Point Positioning algorithm to improve the accuracy of the ground track and the image reference positions. But, now I need to apply these positions from the CSV file back into the chunk of photos. Does anyone have a procedure for this?

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Use PPP corrected positions to overwrite image positions
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2020, 12:53:51 AM »
Hello amcleod,

You can load the coordinate information for the camera locations to the Reference pane from the CSV/TXT file using Import button on the Reference pane toolbar. The input file should contain the image filename, x, y and z coordinate.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

dpitman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2020, 04:27:36 AM »
Hello amcleod,

You can load the coordinate information for the camera locations to the Reference pane from the CSV/TXT file using Import button on the Reference pane toolbar. The input file should contain the image filename, x, y and z coordinate.

Hi Alexey,

A couple of times when I was trying to import a .csv for markers, the dialog kept selecting camera coordinates and I couldn't see how to change it to be expecting markers instead.  But then another time it worked correctly. 

What was I missing that would tell Metashape which coordinates I wanted uploaded?

thanks,
Dave
« Last Edit: September 19, 2020, 04:30:59 AM by dpitman »

amcleod

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2020, 05:48:57 AM »
Hello amcleod,

Alexy-
Thank you for this. I have imported my modified CSV file. I get the error "Can't find match for 'DJI_0001' entry. Create new marker?" Should Metashape create a marker for each filename match?

Thank you,
Andy McLeod

Paulo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2020, 08:08:17 AM »
Andy,

maybe you should check if your camera ids are identical between reference pane and csv file. For example if in reference pane your first camera id is DJI_0001.JPG then same entry should be present in your csv import file...

Best Regards,
Paul Pelletier,
Surveyor

JMR

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2020, 12:52:33 PM »
As Paulo says, name with extension must be identical, and notice the import is case-sensitive as well!
Regards

amcleod

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2020, 04:03:55 AM »
Andy,

maybe you should check if your camera ids are identical between reference pane and csv file. For example if in reference pane your first camera id is DJI_0001.JPG then same entry should be present in your csv import file...

That was it Paulo, thank you very much!

Andy