Forum

Author Topic: Agisoft Metashape 1.7.0 pre-release  (Read 109971 times)

Mariusz_M

• View Profile
Re: Agisoft Metashape 1.7.0 pre-release
« Reply #195 on: January 30, 2021, 08:55:00 PM »
In the changelog I found this a few build back: "Added Save camera track option for Sketchfab uploads." But for some reason I do not see this option under Metashape Standard 1.7.1.

Anyway, I always save a 3d file manually and upload it to Sketchfab. How can I then save and .fbx file with animation, so sketchfab can use the camera track as animation?

mlimongiello

• View Profile
Re: Agisoft Metashape 1.7.0 pre-release
« Reply #196 on: February 03, 2021, 02:23:02 PM »

[For laser scans] Current approach is the following:
- run Align Photos operation as usual.
Does that mean that the poses of the laser scans will be adjusted in addition to the internal and external parameters calculated for the standard cameras?

As a user who commonly combines laser scan data with photogrammetry that is not at all what I would want to happen. The laser scan data will almost always be coming from other software where we have much more control over the alignment process. Therefore the laser scan data should be treated as fixed (no pose adjustments) and photos aligned to it.

Yes, it can be said that the laser scans are aligned together with the common images.

If you need to rely on the accurate scanner locations, you can input corresponding coordinates to the Reference pane for the related camera instances and adjust the accuracy value for them in order to increase the weight for them.

I would also like to see an option to just check a box or similar to force laser scan alignment to be preserved exactly, if it had been registered already in a 3rd party package, otherwise the function would not be useful. It seems a lot of manual work to input the coordinates of each laser setup (and presumably orientation?) to ensure they stay fixed. I take great care over my registration and wouldn't trust any algorithm to do a better job! We treat our laser data as sacred and once it is registered everything else (so many things...) is derived from it, but can not be allowed to affect it!

I haven't actually tried 1.7 yet so I might not know what I'm talking about, but it seemed like a potential issue!

Hi guys,
congratulations on the discussion.I have a question when importing TLS scans. I noticed that in the "Rerefences" panel, TLS scans (from Faro X-series) are read as panoramas, with all the related parameters (X, Y, Z, Pich, Roll, ect). My question is this: are TLS point clouds used in Tie point matching also to scale the cloud in true size or not? Or better is there a method to take TLS clouds into account to optimize the photogrammetric cloud?