Forum

Author Topic: Anyone else having new issues with DJI Phantom images?  (Read 1360 times)

jmos

• View Profile
Anyone else having new issues with DJI Phantom images?
« on: October 14, 2020, 08:37:09 AM »
Just recently having issues processing DJI Phantom 4 images, not just me but other work colleague's using their own Phantom 4's as well.

Just the last few jobs, never had these problems before, using same app DJI GS Pro

Issues have been

Some photo's not aligning
camera positions and tie points offset
ortho's out by 40m plus
what seems to be double runs of photos captured?

Have been able to get a final product out by trying different combinations of the following

removing double camera runs
reset and re-align
optimise cameras
change camera accuracy
don't use any camera reference data
use GCP's
reset then re-align all cameras again

Since we didn't have any of these issues before and have not changed our capture or process method, wondering if its a DJI issue?

Regards
John

dpitman

• View Profile
Re: Anyone else having new issues with DJI Phantom images?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2020, 06:04:09 AM »
Hi John,

My p4p images process just fine on MS 1.6.4
Did you change firmware or something else on the drone?  How the exif is written to the sd card is outside the abilithy of sdk flight apps to control and should be agnostic.  However, I don't use or have exerience with GSP which should also be using the sdk as far as I know.  Perhaps compare the exif data on one of the images in the set that is not working with one from a previous flight that processed properly to eliminate that as an issue.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else having new issues with DJI Phantom images?
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2020, 12:28:28 AM »
Hello John,

If you have problems with the particular dataset, please send the download link to support@agisoft.com and include the project with the alignment results that you've got.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC