Forum

Author Topic: Strange Issue in image align when markers is used and scalebar error.  (Read 1704 times)

ppant

• View Profile
Hello
I am trying to see scale value in the export dense point cloud. In my imaging setup, With two cameras I am going around the object and collecting videos.  Although multiple cameras is used I think is better to put two cameras image (frame) together and align. I follow two approaches in the image mosaic But seen something strange. First,  I follow these steps load image, detect marker, add scalebar, align images, generate a point cloud.  In this case, the image is not aligned correctly. 

Second, I follow these steps  Load image, align images, detect marker, add scalebar image, and generate the point cloud. Here images are aligned but the scale bar is wrong.  Now sure what is happening

Thanks

ppant

• View Profile
Re: Strange Issue in image align when markers is used and scalebar error.
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2020, 08:33:57 PM »
Alexey
Something strange is happening when the coded markers are detected when running routine to mosaic the 360 pictures (550 pictures).  When I detect the coded markers and align the image in the dense point cloud generation I am getting a Memory error( Bad allocation). But if I ran the same process without marker detection. the dense cloud point is working without memory error. But with this will run into another problem where I couldn't add the scale bar in exported point clouds.
I am using metashape version 1.6.5
Thanks

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Strange Issue in image align when markers is used and scalebar error.
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2020, 06:58:50 PM »
Hello ppant,

If this is still a problem, can you please share the processing logs related to Bad Allocation errors?

The original reported problem (with wrong scale or wrong alignment) according to the description looks to be incorrect detection of some marker projections. If you have projects related to both approaches, I'd like to take a look at them.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC