Forum

Author Topic: Alignment accuracy & dense cloud quality effect on mosaic resolution?  (Read 3558 times)

william

• View Profile
Hi,

I am trying to ensure that the images used to build my orthomosaics are full resolution.

The user manual states that with alignment accuracy <= Medium and dense cloud quality <= High, the images are down-scaled by a factor of 2 in both dimensions (total resolution reduced by a factor of 4). But is that down-scaling only applied to the actual processes of image alignment & dense cloud generation? This will affect the number of tie points, size of the point cloud, etc., but I don't think it MUST affect the output resolution of the orthomosaic. Will the full-resolution images be used to actually build the orthomosaic, regardless of these settings?

Thanks!

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Hello william,

The alignment accuracy and dense cloud quality parameters do not effect on the resolution of the orthomosaic.

You can define the resolution for the orthomosaic to be generated in Build Orthomosaic dialog (if it should be different from the default estimated value). The orthorectified images will be generated according this resolution value.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

smiller

• View Profile
Re: Alignment accuracy & dense cloud quality effect on mosaic resolution?
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2020, 12:20:27 PM »
Hi,

If the alignment and dense cloud do not affect the orthomosaic quality, then does it matter if only some of the images align (not all of them)? Or can you run through those steps quickly to simply get to the orthomosaic generation?