Forum

Author Topic: Face was ignored during Scan  (Read 10019 times)

njaosa

• View Profile
Face was ignored during Scan
« on: December 09, 2020, 12:57:25 AM »
Hey everyone,
I just wanted to make my first 3D test scan of my friend. I only used three images (front and the two sides), so maybe thats the problem, but maybe you know more. When I tried to build the mesh, I only end up with the wall in the background instead of the face.
I appreciate any tips :)

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Face was ignored during Scan
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2020, 11:39:15 AM »
Hello njaosa,

I think you should use more images with higher overlap ratio, try to have at least 6-8 images (as a half-circle around the face).

Also make sure that person doesn't move, so it should be the camera (in case of single camera shooting) that is "moving" around, and not the person moving in front of static camera.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

njaosa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2020, 07:06:51 PM »
Thanks for the reply Alexey, I tried again today with much more pictures and got way better results. Such an obvious resolution probably, but thanks for your help!

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2020, 02:15:00 PM »
Hello njaosa,

If you are using a single camera approach, it is also important to minimize the movement of the person as much as possible, including any head shake, eye blinks, shewing movements and etc, as they may result in the artifacts of the produced model (since the shape of the surface of interest is different on different images in the set).
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC