Forum

Author Topic: Change Coordinate Systems without transformation  (Read 2677 times)

andysfd

• View Profile
Change Coordinate Systems without transformation
« on: November 11, 2020, 01:58:04 PM »
So after i processed the project i recognized that i had the EPSG Code wrong.

The projects coordinate system is consistent so it does not affect the output. I can simple asign a new coordinate system using QGIS ACAD etc..

However i would like to change / update the coordinate system of the generated DEM / Orthophoto within Agisoft without applying any coordinate transformation... Any ideas?

Export and reimport would do the trick but i would like to find another way.

Thanks in advance

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Change Coordinate Systems without transformation
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2020, 03:50:30 PM »
Hello andyfd,

If you have just accidentally selected a different coordinate system (for example, incorrect UTM projection) for the chunk referenencing, you can switch the coordinate system via Reference pane settings dialog (providing that the coordinates of the reference points in the Reference pane do actually correspond to the new system that you are switching to) and then press Update button on the pane to apply the reference data to the processed data (tie point cloud, dense cloud, mesh and tiled model).

DEM and orthomosaic should be rebuilt, as they are considered as isolated processing results. However, in principle, it is possible to switch the coordinate systems of DEM and orthomosaic via Python, but I wouldn't guarantee that you will get the desired result. But on your own risk you can try the following commands input one by one to the Console pane, after switching the chunk's coordinate system to the proper one:

Code: [Select]
chunk = Metashape.app.document.chunk
chunk.orthomosaic.crs = chunk.crs
chunk.elevation.crs = chunk.crs
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC