Forum

Author Topic: Holes in mesh?  (Read 3580 times)

JHP

• View Profile
Holes in mesh?
« on: November 16, 2020, 04:09:37 PM »
Hi,

What i am doing wrong? I get this kind of holes mesh, when I have thin object, like this case lorry's border of stage. I use DJI Phantom 4 RTK-drone to get photos to lorry.

wojtek

• View Profile
Re: Holes in mesh?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2020, 04:30:05 PM »
The resolution/quality/accuracy of your images/aligment is too low for the depth reconstruction to correctly render this thin object.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2020, 02:15:20 PM »
Hello JHP,

Which parameters have you used for the Align Photos and Build Mesh operations? If the mesh has been based on the dense cloud source, then also specify the quality and filtering options used for the dense cloud reconstuction.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

JHP

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2020, 02:09:25 PM »
Hello JHP,

Which parameters have you used for the Align Photos and Build Mesh operations? If the mesh has been based on the dense cloud source, then also specify the quality and filtering options used for the dense cloud reconstuction.

I am using default settings. But I am also tried all kind of variants, but no luck. I don't think that it could be lack of photos. I have about 600 images taken that truck and most of them get aligmented. I am using DJI Phantom 4 RTK drone.

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2020, 05:20:46 PM »
Hello JHP,

You can check pre-release version of 1.7.0 and try building mesh using the depth maps source option. It could give you better results, if this disappearing border is properly seen from the both sides.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

PROBERT1968

• Hello !
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2020, 06:28:03 PM »
JHP,

Have you tried putting one marker on that hole area  to see what happens ?

JHP

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2020, 12:15:01 PM »
JHP,

Have you tried putting one marker on that hole area  to see what happens ?

No, I haven't. I have to try it too.

Hello JHP,

You can check pre-release version of 1.7.0 and try building mesh using the depth maps source option. It could give you better results, if this disappearing border is properly seen from the both sides.

Where I can download it?

PROBERT1968

• Hello !
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2020, 06:44:50 PM »
It may or may not work but in the past when I do a lot of aerial photos, and I did experiment and decide to put one in a hole area and it worked for me...

I am not sure about yours... I see your picture but because it is very limited area to see the whole picture...

Good luck

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2020, 02:24:43 PM »

Hello JHP,

Where I can download it?
Pre-release is available for download from the following thread:
https://www.agisoft.com/forum/index.php?topic=12653.0
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

JHP

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2021, 08:40:20 PM »
No luck with marker and 1.7 version. Mesh and texture is almost perfect but those holes?!?  :-\ :'(

I can use only lowest setting to create mesh in quality settings. If I use better option Metashape 1.7 crasehes everytime. I have done ticket this problem to support. Would it help if I can use high or highest quality settings