Forum

Author Topic: 3D mouse controller  (Read 3756 times)

willfig

• View Profile
3D mouse controller
« on: November 19, 2020, 01:01:47 AM »
I'm having a lot of trouble using my 3DConnecion Space Mouse since I upgraded to version 1.6.  Three are two issues:
1) When I try to rotate the model it seems to zoom at the same time.  This never used to happen. I see in v1.6.5 there is an option to select the specific mouse.  I've tried this and I think it does solve the problem but seems to revert. So I leave the dialog and manipulate the model and all seems ok.  but as soon as I reset the center of rotation by double clicking I have the problem again.  When I open the navigation dialog I see the mouse is no longer selected and its back to default.
2) Previously zoom control was by pulling the mouse towards or away from you.  This is how 3D connect traning software operates also.  After the update, zoom control is via pulling the mouse up or pushing down (which previously was for Y-translation). Although there are options to invert axes, to fix this issue there needs to be an option to swap Z translation with Z rotation (I think).

Any help here?  Note I posted about this a few times in the general section but never got a response.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: 3D mouse controller
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2020, 02:37:03 PM »
Hello willfig,

I have just plugged in 3D Connexion SpaceMouse Pro to the free USB port of my computer, then started Metashape Pro and enabled HID-compliant device option in the Navigation Preferences tab.
In Controller selection field SpaceMouse Pro is selected.

After that no unexpected behavior is observed in the Model view of Metashape - the controller works as expected.

Can you please specify, which 3D Connexion device model you are using, which OS you are using and whether you observe different controller behavior in Metashape 1.5.5, if installed on the same computer?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

3DMake

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2021, 01:09:26 AM »
Hello

Sorry for reviving an old thread, but I think this might be relevant information.

Navigation in Metashape lately have bugged me as well. Rotate and tilt axis has been switched on my 3dconnexion wireless

However I plugged in my spacepilot pro and on this device the axis was working correctly. So this issue is definitivly related to what device you are using.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2021, 10:50:29 AM »
Hello 3DMake,

Does it help to disable and re-enable the controller in Navigation Preferences tab and, if it doesn't help, invert all options, apply and switch back to normal?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC