Forum

Author Topic: jumpy marker placement (right-click, 1.6.5)  (Read 2152 times)

andyroo

• View Profile
jumpy marker placement (right-click, 1.6.5)
« on: November 24, 2020, 11:03:46 PM »
I am having an issue where, when I <pg-down> through markers to place them - change the white flag to the green flag - by adjusting (left-click/drag) or accepting (right-click/place marker), they jump to a different position when i right-click/place. A few versions ago I was happy to see that right-click/place allowed me to place markers without adjusting where metashape "thinks" the marker is. But now that seems broken.

Screenshot of the behavior attached. the panels from left to right show (1) marker as metashape calculates positions (2) context menu when I right-click to place the marker, and (3) the marker where it ends up.

Note that when I right-click/place my cursor is right on the marker, but when I'm done the marker is about 1.5 pix below that (in this instance - distance and vector is variable).

Project is NAD83 HARN, cameras unreferenced, aligned, markers imported with coordinates, then manually placed. Transform updated (no optimization) periodically during marker placement.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: jumpy marker placement (right-click, 1.6.5)
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2020, 01:03:31 PM »
Hello andyroo,

The projection location for the marker should not change, when you select Place Marker option from the context menu, providing that the "gray flag" is highlighted.

I am not observing any shift from the suggested location neither in 1.6.5 nor in 1.7.0 version.

Note that you can also add a shortcut for Place Marker command, so you do not need to right-click, just move the cursor over the gray flag and press the hotkey.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

andyroo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2020, 10:52:58 PM »
Hi Alexey,

I know that the placement should not change... that's why I put this in bug reports! ;-)

I added a hotkey to place the marker, even though I was sure that wasn't the issue. I am still observing this "jumping marker" behavior (same project, different chunk). another screenshot is attached. In the left panel I have the mouse over the marker. In the right panel, this is the marker placed after I press ctrl-p (my shortcut).

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2020, 12:45:49 PM »
Hello andyroo,

Which 1.6.5 build number you are using? I've tried to reproduce it on my side, but it works as expected both with shortcut and right-clicking.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

andyroo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2020, 12:18:30 AM »
1.6.5 build 11249

I haven't seen it in other projects (haven't been doing a lot with GCPs lately though) but I did notice it in the last few I did. I could upload a project - could probably even make a small version that behaves the same way if you want to PM or email me an upload location.

Andy

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2020, 06:54:24 PM »
Hello andyroo,

If you have a small project that can be used to reproduce the problem, please send it to support@agisoft.com. I think that the original images are not required for this test.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC