Forum

Author Topic: Estimating camera locations crash  (Read 1910 times)

landing.st@gmail.com

• View Profile
Estimating camera locations crash
« on: November 28, 2020, 03:39:34 PM »
Hi, i have some difficulites, it crasshes on estimating camera locations. Chunk is 3300 photos. PC is i7 9700k, 32gb ddr4 4000mhz, 2x 1070ti in SLI, 1tb NVme. DMP file and extra file doesent say much...im suspecting lack of ram....Metashape is version=1.5.3.8469 an windows has latest update

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Estimating camera locations crash
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2020, 04:31:53 PM »
Hello landing.st,

Please send .dmp and .extra files to support@agisoft.com.

Also have you any specific reasons for using old Metashape version (1.5.3), as the latest release version is already 1.6.5?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

landing.st@gmail.com

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2020, 07:43:05 PM »
ive sent everything to support weeks ago, bit no reply. I use this version just because it seems to work, and i dont have time to discover new bugs every update. I seems that update of drivers solved my problem...im just doing orientation of 7th chung with 3000+ photos, and it seems ok...

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2020, 09:46:56 PM »
Hello landing.st,

I couldn't find any message to support from your email address, also no crash reports have been signed with your email.

However, I was able to find unsigned crash report from the version 1.5.3 with the similar hardware, so it should be from your system, I believe.

I'll try to check, what caused those problems in the version 1.5.3.8469, but if it was related to the bug which has been fixed since 1.5.3 release in June 2019, we would not be able to backport the fix to 1.5 version.
The latest stable version from 1.5.x is available from the downloads page: https://www.agisoft.com/downloads/installer/ and I hope that it works better than previous version.
So if the crashes are reproducible in your current version in a short time, you can update to 1.5.5 and check if it solves the problem.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

landing.st@gmail.com

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2020, 10:03:58 PM »
thanks, i dont know why doesnt my email show, but for now, it working fine after driver update. Im considering update to newest version after i finish this project, in hope of less bugs. Thanks for help