Forum

Author Topic: Easy questions Metashape  (Read 2540 times)

3DTopography

• View Profile
Easy questions Metashape
« on: November 24, 2020, 04:12:49 PM »
Hi all!
I’m a new Metashape user and after 40 hours course i’m trying to process some drone pictures.
I have some questions for you:
- i aligned two chunks but the result is “upside down”. Is there a key or a command that allows me to re-set the right orientation of the XYZ axis?
- when the software is processing, dense cloud, 3D model or others, i noticed that the cpu is 100% used and the GPU it is only 10% used (Ryzen 8 core and Radeon RX 580). In preferences i set the GPU but the result is the same
- i’m trying to send the 3D model directly to Sketchfab website, but i receive the error “install open SSL 1.0”. I installed it, but it is not fixed
Can you help me?
Thank you  :D

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Easy questions Metashape
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2020, 04:37:36 PM »
Hello 3DTopography,

Upside down result of the alignment usually means that the coordinate system is select incorrectly (in the Reference pane settings dialog) or the X and Y columns have been mixed when the reference coordinates have been loaded from the external file.

GPU acceleration is supported for the following sub-tasks: Image Matching, Depth Maps generation, certain parts of depth maps based mesh, DEM and tiled model generation, Texture blending. To monitor the GPU activity I would suggest to use the dedicated utility, like GPU-Z, if you are using Windows 10 Task Monitor, then try to switch the graphs on the GPU tab to Compute_0 and Compute_1, I think that one of them will show you the proper load of the GPU. Additionally you can open the details section of the Progress dialog and check, if there are GPU-related lines.

To fix the OpenSSL compatibility issue in Metashape 1.6.5, please follow these steps:
1. Download OpenSSL Binaries Win-64 v1.0.2u binaries from the following page:
http://wiki.overbyte.eu/wiki/index.php/ICS_Download#Download_OpenSSL_Binaries_.28required_for_SSL-enabled_components.29
2. Unpack the archive and put its contents to Metashape Pro installation directory, then re-start the application.

Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

3DTopography

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2020, 10:30:42 PM »
Thank you for your reply.
Ok, i’ll try to repeat the alignment. In this case I made a “local coordinates”, I don’t know the right word in english. I took some measurements about a little building with a laser distance meter.

For OpenSSL i’ll try your steps, thanks.

I have one more question.
Is there a shortcut keyboard or something else that allow me to set a side view (right or left)?
I use only 5 or 0 key to set the top view or reset the zoom.

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2020, 12:44:02 PM »
Hello 3DTopography,

If you are working in Local Coordinates, still make sure that X and Y columns were not mixed on import.

See "predefined views" section in the Model Menu for quick switching to Top/Bottom/Front/Back/Right/Left views. Also there's a possibility of fixed step rotation around certain axis.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Cyberworld

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2020, 02:37:30 PM »
Regarding the GPU acceleration, it is also likely useful to go into the settings of the tool that came with your card and create a profile for Metashape. I'm using Nvidia cards and in the relevant software I've cranked settings to the max when using Metashape and it has made a difference in the steps where GPUs are used.

3DTopography

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2020, 05:21:11 PM »
To fix the OpenSSL compatibility issue in Metashape 1.6.5, please follow these steps:
1. Download OpenSSL Binaries Win-64 v1.0.2u binaries from the following page:
http://wiki.overbyte.eu/wiki/index.php/ICS_Download#Download_OpenSSL_Binaries_.28required_for_SSL-enabled_components.29
2. Unpack the archive and put its contents to Metashape Pro installation directory, then re-start the application.

Thank you, i fixed the Open SSl but now i receive ths error:
Response code 400
Response data: a password can not be set unless the model is private
I think that i receive this error because i have not a PRO user on sketchfab website

See "predefined views" section in the Model Menu for quick switching to Top/Bottom/Front/Back/Right/Left views. Also there's a possibility of fixed step rotation around certain axis.

Thanks, this works great!

Regarding the GPU acceleration, it is also likely useful to go into the settings of the tool that came with your card and create a profile for Metashape. I'm using Nvidia cards and in the relevant software I've cranked settings to the max when using Metashape and it has made a difference in the steps where GPUs are used.
I have a RX580, in Raden Software I find the games profile only, is it the right place?
I created a metashape profile but i can set antialiasing, frame rate and other game settings..
« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 05:23:06 PM by 3DTopography »

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2020, 05:29:46 PM »
Hello 3DTopography,

It is only possible to have private models for Pro accounts on Sketchfab.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC