Forum

Author Topic: glDrawElements - out of memory  (Read 1419 times)

rossnixon

• View Profile
glDrawElements - out of memory
« on: December 08, 2020, 03:58:47 AM »
I created a high quality mesh on Agisoft Cloud.
When I open my project, the files download successfully, but then I get a large number of out of memory errors, such as
renderer_qgl.cpp line 616: glDrawElements(encodePrimitiveType(type), (GLsizei) countElements(type, chunk), encodeFormat(iformat), (GLvoid *) ((char *) indices + offset)) failed: Out of memory

Is this just a display/rendering error/limitation?
Can I still proceed to use the files, or have I lost data?

Thanks
Ross

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: glDrawElements - out of memory
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2020, 01:06:25 PM »
Hello Ross,

The error is related to the visualization only. Maybe there are too many polygons to display than your graphic card may handle.

Can you please specify, the number of polygons in the mesh model, number of the texture altas pages (if any) and texture page resolution? Also specify the OS version and GPU used, maybe you can provide the first lines from the Console pane of Metashape which are shown on application start?

You can switch the default view mode in the General preferences tab of Metashape to Point Cloud before loading this project, thus it will not be automatically switched to mesh view on load and you will be able, for example, to duplicate the model and decimate it to a reasonable polygon count.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC