Forum

Author Topic: Train track not continuous  (Read 2182 times)

benmartins

• View Profile
Train track not continuous
« on: December 11, 2020, 03:14:44 PM »
Hello,

I have a Quantum Systems Trinity F90+ coupled with a Sony RX1R II, PPK enabled. I made all the GNSS processing and everything went smoothly. I got the camera coordinates (lat, long, h) and imported to Agisoft with a 0.05 m fixed precision. No GCP was used.
I did all the processing in maximum settings:

Cameras: 1449
Alignment parameters -> Accuracy -> Highest
Depth maps generation parameters -> Quality Ultra High 
Dense Point CloudPoints: 10,296,392,851 
GSD: 0.0272663
Track line: 10 Km

My final goal is an orthophoto but I'm getting some weird artifacts. I'm using QGIS since it is faster to observe the data. The track line in some places gets misplaced. Is there a way to fix this issue? It's only in the ortho. In the Dense Cloud and DEM the lines are correct.

Bento Martins

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Train track not continuous
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2020, 03:43:37 PM »
Hello Bento,

Which surface you are using for orthomosaic generation?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

benmartins

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2020, 03:55:29 PM »
Hello Alexey Pasumansky,

Thank you very much.

I'm using the DEM as surface for ortho and the DEM was made using the Dense Cloud.

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2020, 05:20:36 PM »
Hello Bento,

The it looks very strange, if the surface is correct, the problem could be related to some incorrectly aligned cameras. However, since you are observing a lot similar problems, then considerable number of alignment problems would also cause the dense cloud issues.

Would it be possible to share small fragment of this project - alignment results and original images only - we will be able to rebuild DEM and orthomosaic according to your settings? If you can share it, please send download link to support@agisoft.com and we will look on it in detail. Also please send the PDF report from the completely processed project.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

benmartins

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2020, 07:57:59 PM »
Dear Alexey,

I did what you suggested and sent an e-mail to support as you said.

Thank you,

Bento

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2020, 07:58:00 PM »
Hello Bento,

It appears that the problem is related to the sequential reference pre-selection option used. Due to this mode the are many overlapping images which do not have any tie points, mostly they are related to the zones where 6 camera tracks do overlap (3 from one segment and 3 from another).

I would suggest to re-process the dataset and use High accuracy, Reference preselection (Generic preselection in addition can be also used) for the Align Photos command. For the dense cloud High quality would be sufficient.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC