Forum

Author Topic: Dual GPU crashing system when running Metashape  (Read 1671 times)

Bertyfredo

• View Profile
Dual GPU crashing system when running Metashape
« on: December 13, 2020, 11:32:55 AM »
Hi there. I am running an Nvidia 3090 (primary card) and a 1080TI. When generating dense cloud with both GPUs enabled My system will hard reset. If I just run the 1080TI, it completes the task. If I just run the 3090, it completes the task. If I am playing a game on the 3090 and running dense cloud generation on the the 1080TI my system will hard reset. PSU is a 1200watt Corsair. each card is powered by 2 individual PCI power cables (4 in total).

So far this only seems to happen in Metashape.

Temps are fine.

Any ideas?

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Dual GPU crashing system when running Metashape
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2020, 02:20:29 PM »
Hello Bertyfredo,

Which OS are you using? If it is Windows, please check for the error signature in the Windows Event Viewer -> Windows Logs -> Application section related to metashape.exe or any other processes related to the hard crash time. And can you please also share the processing log of Metashape from the project processing start up to the crash? (logging should be redirectred to the file via General Preferences tab in advance).
Also please specify the driver version installed. As far as I am aware, NVIDIA driver 460.79 can be considered unstable, according to the massive user reports on NVIDIA forums, so I can suggest to roll back to the previous driver version.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC