Forum

Author Topic: How to get the most detail in Texture?  (Read 2646 times)

DannyT

• View Profile
How to get the most detail in Texture?
« on: January 04, 2021, 05:20:28 PM »
Hi all,

I wanted to ask how can I ensure that I am getting the most information from my images when it comes to the Texture stage of the workflow?

I suspect that I can get better texture detail, though I have played around with the settings in the texture stage and I can't get a result that reflects the quality of the original images.

The source images are tiffs, 425 cameras, 293,000 points, 23 mil faces, 11 mil vertices, and I have removed any image with a value of less than .5

I have attached a screenshot of one of the source images, a screenshot of the finished model and a screenshot of my text settings, if anyone could please advise that would be great.

Thanks!

Arie

• View Profile
Re: How to get the most detail in Texture?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2021, 03:43:30 PM »
Hi,
if you increase your texture size, there will be more details visible. I quite often use 8192 or even 16384 px as texture size.
Cheers

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2021, 04:03:26 PM »
Hello DannyT,

You can also remove the isolated mesh components (floating around the actual model) and cut off the unwanted mesh elements in order to use the texture atlas space more effectively.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

DannyT

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2021, 04:39:58 PM »
Hi,

Many thanks for the answers to my question, they were very helpful.

I also wanted to ask, there seems to be differing advice on the tie point limit and key point limit when aligning the photos. If I am working with small models that require lots of detailing (for example for 3d printing) should I put both limits to '0'?

If I am working with a larger scene that still requires a lot of detail but not critical amounts of detail, should I raise the limit to 40,000 and 4,000 as recommended?

I saw some advice that 10,000 and 100,000 are good parameters but I don't know what the reasoning is behind this, can anyone please explain?

Thanks!