Forum

Author Topic: Automated mission planning problem  (Read 1885 times)

YukonConnor

• View Profile
Automated mission planning problem
« on: January 06, 2021, 12:59:53 AM »
I'm having some difficulties with the Mission Planning feature on Agisoft Metashape. I am follow the procedure as outlined in the following article on Agisoft Helpdesk

https://agisoft.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000148889-automated-mission-planning-for-complex-structures

My problem is that when I complete the procedure and click OK, a dialogue box pops up that says "Unable to find safe home point position". What am I missing? I'm using Agisoft Metashape Pro version 1.7

Any help would be appreciated

c-r-o-n-o-s

• View Profile
Re: Automated mission planning problem
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 01:04:02 AM »
have you ever placed the homepoint somewhere else?

YukonConnor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 01:09:03 AM »
Yes, I've tried placing it in multiple different locations, as well as placing it in the model space and on a specific photo. Same result - "Unable to find safe home point position"

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2021, 01:57:59 PM »
Hello Yukon Connor,

The instruction for 1.7 is available in different article:
https://agisoft.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000157953-mission-planning-for-complex-structures

However, can you please specify, if you are using any custom Restricted and Allowed zones? Can you provide the screenshots of the Plan Mission dialog with the parameters that you are using, screenshot of the Model view in the mesh model view mode with all the shapes enabled used for the mission planning and the copy of the log from the Console pane related to the failed operation.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC