Forum

Author Topic: Improved display of processing status [Solved]  (Read 2508 times)

Shadow

• View Profile
    • My 3D scans on Sketchfab
Improved display of processing status [Solved]
« on: January 09, 2021, 04:25:58 AM »
Hello,

The progress dialog box is of course very helpful, but if you're doing something else while processing a project, you can't see the progress bar any more.
I think there are two ways the current system could be improved :
- some products, such as lightroom, use the software icon in the Windows 10 taskbar to display the current progress of a task. Simple and effective : after shooting 100s of pictures to scan an object, I can export them from Lightroom, do something else, and just by looking at the taskbar, I know if the export process is almost finished or not.
(a screenshot is attached to this post)

- another way to improve the current system could be to display the progress dialog box as "always on top" of other applications. This way we could put it in a corner of the screen while browsing the web, watching a movie, etc, yet still be able to check both the progress status and the estimated remaining time.
Of course, this won't be a feature all user need or want, so this would be an option in the Metashape Preferences and not the default behaviour.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2022, 11:50:02 AM by Shadow »

Shadow

• View Profile
    • My 3D scans on Sketchfab
Looks like this feature request has been taken into account : as of 1.8.1, progress indication has been added to the taskbar on Windows.

Thanks a lot !