Forum

Author Topic: Merge Chunks not working 1.70  (Read 5292 times)

twistedpancreas

• View Profile
Merge Chunks not working 1.70
« on: January 13, 2021, 03:44:30 AM »
I'm also having issues with Merging Chunks

Here's one chunk

And the other chunk

When viewing them both together with the "Show Aligned Chunks" button it shows them together like this...

But when I use Merge Chunks with these settings...

It only displays one side, ie

even though it's showing double the cameras and markers etc...

Am I missing something.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Merge Chunks not working 1.70
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2021, 08:06:03 PM »
Hello twistedpancreas,

I am not observing such issue in 1.7.0 release version on some random projects. Can you please share the project (with two original chunks and merged chunk) to support@agisoft.com, so that we could check the operation for the specific project?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

twistedpancreas

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2021, 02:06:15 AM »
I'd like to share the project but I work for a university and they're very strict on these sorts of things so sorry I can't share the file.

I've noticed it in a few other projects I have done in the past few months but I fixed it by slightly moving one of the chunks and then Merging and that worked, but not in this particular case.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2021, 11:36:46 AM »
Hello twistedpancreas,

OK, I'll try to reproduce it again on some random project. Can you please specify, how the chunks have been aligned - were you using Align Chunks operation or whether the manual alignment (using Move/Scale/Rotate Object instruments) has been performed?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

twistedpancreas

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2021, 01:33:16 AM »
Thanks Alexey,

since the Align Chunks wasn't working and the edges are very thin I had to manually align the 2 chunks.

Thanks.

twistedpancreas

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2021, 05:03:26 AM »
Actually I worked it out, I had to scale both Dense Cloud chunks up and then re-tried the Merge Chunks button and it worked, thanks for the help though.

taran

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2023, 06:27:39 PM »
I've just had the same problem after manually aligning two chunks in Standard (2.0.1). The top half of the object (a ring) is a chunk, the bottom half of the ring is another chunk. They wouldn't align very well automatically (it was close but not great) so I finished aligning them manually as meshes. The [T] symbol was next to each chunk, and viewing aligned chunks together, the complete ring mesh looked great. When I merge the two chunks, the new 'merged' chunk just has both sides of the object in their original locations. The attached screenshots hopefully show the problem, similar to the original poster. The file "misalign.jpg" shows the cameras all together in concentric circles where there should be two camera circles above and two below.

Any suggestions are welcome!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2023, 06:29:32 PM by taran »