Forum

Author Topic: DOMING EFFECT WITH MAVIC PRO  (Read 7660 times)

m.hana

• View Profile
DOMING EFFECT WITH MAVIC PRO
« on: January 21, 2021, 09:07:44 AM »
having an issue in alignment. the image captured with mavic pro, overlap/sidelap 85/80, altitude 150, using manual focus. when try to alignment, the result is like the attachment below. i try to calibrate camera with/or without enabling rolling shutter, optimize camera with/without adaptive mode but the results were same. also i generate the report and shown like the attachment. any idea why this occur? i have calibrated the mavic camera with dji assistant, try to capture with the same project and give the same results.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: DOMING EFFECT WITH MAVIC PRO
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2021, 01:19:36 PM »
Hello m.hana,

You can try to enable additional corrections during the optimization. Also if the camera locations are accurately measured, you should adjust the measurement accuracy and use higher values (compared to default 10 meters).
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

m.hana

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2021, 01:24:18 PM »
I used the gps on aircraft, should i reduce it to 10 m?

Paulo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2021, 01:36:18 PM »
Hello m.hana,

I wonder why your f parameter was not adjusted in your alignment as shown in f value appearing with no error or correlation values? Can you explain why f was not selected in optimize ?
Best Regards,
Paul Pelletier,
Surveyor

m.hana

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2021, 01:43:18 PM »
Hi Paulo

I only use the default checklist that appeared on the pop-up when i choose optimize calibration. Should i try to optimize by checklist all options?

Paulo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2021, 01:59:57 PM »
yes I would try optimize with f checked and also Additional Corrections as Alexey proposed... and see results in Calibration Camera Window...
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 02:13:14 PM by Paulo »
Best Regards,
Paul Pelletier,
Surveyor

m.hana

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2021, 02:07:49 PM »
But after all, does jpeg format need for calibration while the calibration itself happens when image processor builds the images as jpeg from raw?

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2021, 02:14:38 PM »
Hello m.hana,

You can fix the precalibrated parameters loaded from the image meta information and disable the adjustment of the calibration parameters in Metashape, if you are confident that these values are precise and correct.

To fix the parameters select all of them in the dialog after clicking on Fixed Parameters section of Camera Calibration dialog.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC