Forum

Author Topic: Are there ways for me to remove the clouds from image ?  (Read 1935 times)

PROBERT1968

• Hello !
    • View Profile
Are there ways for me to remove the clouds from image ?
« on: January 25, 2021, 04:26:25 AM »
Does anyone in here suggest of a good to remove the clouds on the historical aerial photography ?  I think it might affect the markers etc...

I am aware that ERDAS you can remove the clouds there but the problem is it needs to have two image overlaps in order to remove it..

PROBERT1968

• Hello !
    • View Profile
Re: Are there ways for me to remove the clouds from image ?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2021, 09:41:57 PM »
Hello

Haven't heard anything from you all about how to remove clouds from an aerial photo ? 

I've been looking around on the internet with no luck .

Let me be clear to you:

I have this aerial photo and is not in color. It is in black and white. They are not rectified yet but  the problem is

If I have this photo that has the cloud, my question does it affect the way you perform when you run in Metashape ?

1) Let say if you aligned them in the Model and you start to plot the markers .  Does it affect the the numbers in the Reference Pane ?

2) Can I use mask to draw around the clouds ?

If I use the mask around the Clouds, will it affect the reference pane ?

or should I wait until later after I build orthomosaic and export it to ERDAS Imagaine .

Will that work if I do that ?

I think in order for ERDAS to remove the clouds is to have at least two image overlapped  each other .

This is something that Metashape should have added a feature to be able to do this ?

Suggest ?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 09:43:36 PM by PROBERT1968 »

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2021, 01:00:10 AM »
Hello PROBERT1968,

Currently there are no tools in Metashape to detect the clouds on the images. But you can apply the masks manually - masked areas will be excluded from the depth maps, texture and orthomosaic generation procedures automatically and can be optionally excluded from the image matching procedure.
As for marker placement, it is not recommended to put marker projections on the point that is not clearly visible, as it could affect correct estimation of the related 3D location.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

PROBERT1968

• Hello !
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2021, 07:21:11 PM »
Thank you , Alexey