Forum

Author Topic: merging chuncks without markers  (Read 1915 times)

majou

• View Profile
merging chuncks without markers
« on: February 04, 2021, 10:10:34 AM »
Hi all,

hop you are doing good.

I have a model of one excavation site, separated in multiple chunks.
I processed it in multiple chunks because Metashape won't recognize the whole set of photos in one chunk as to be a complete one site. there for I separated the photos in multiple chunks (based on series group) and Metashape process each chuck perfectly.
However, I want the whole model , therefor I need to align the chunks (each separate mesh) with each other. but it won't align as it should when I run "align chunks".
and I don't have markers for each of the chunks (the photos it self have no GCP marker point)
 :-\
can some one help with this? what are your thoughts or workaround for such problem?

thanks.

James

• View Profile
Re: merging chuncks without markers
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2021, 08:55:44 PM »
Assuming (from peeking at previous posts) that you have the professional version of metashape, you can add markers without coordinates to align the chunks, if you can see common features in at least two aligned photos in each chunk.

If you can't, then that would explain why the photos don't align, and I don't see any other 'workaround' as it implies that there is no overlap between the chunks, or no way to match overlapping areas if there are any.

If you can, then you need to add at least 3 well distributed markers to each pair of chunks, with the same names in each chunk, and use the marker based option for aligning chunks.