Forum

Author Topic: Standardized, global hotkey shortcuts  (Read 2855 times)

dpitman

• View Profile
Standardized, global hotkey shortcuts
« on: January 09, 2021, 06:29:25 AM »
I searched and did not come up with a discussion of this so I apologize if this is not new. 

The current shortcut addressing/association scheme is somewhat limiting.  What is missing is that shortcut keys should be able to be used across the application, but they are not. 

For example, after extensive use of CAD software, I almost take for granted that I can assign the space bar as a hotkey to return the application to "neutral".   By neutral, I mean that by clicking on the canvas, nothing will generally happen.  The application is waiting for the user to do something. In Metashape, this would be the state when selecting "navigation mode". It is easy enough to address the spacebar as the shortcut to navigation mode. However, the shortcoming is that you get to select it's use in only one view.  If you set it as the shortcut in the Ortho window, you cannot use it in the Model window even though the use is identical.

There needs to be a way to set the same key(s) to the same action across all views so long as doing so would not cause a conflict.  This is just simple, good UX.

Thanks,
 Dave
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 06:34:48 AM by dpitman »

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Standardized, global hotkey shortcuts
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2021, 09:22:14 PM »
Hello Dave,

Currently in Model, Ortho and Photo view modes you can switch to Navigation cursor mode from any other selected tool by pressing Space key.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

dpitman

• View Profile
Re: Standardized, global hotkey shortcuts
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2021, 08:19:29 AM »
Hi Alexey,

I must be missing something.  I can only set the spacebar to be the shortcut for Navigation mode for one view.  I would like to set it as the shortcut for all 3 views.