Forum

Author Topic: details on projects "ancillary" files\folder  (Read 1960 times)

monviso

• View Profile
details on projects "ancillary" files\folder
« on: February 26, 2021, 01:06:51 PM »
Hi all,

let me first say that some expression in this post can be inaccurate or wrong, but I am asking about quite obscure for me.. so apologise in advance.

I would like to know if somewhere I can find details on how projects build and save its ancillary files. With ancillary file I mean the folders and its content that are automatically created by metashape when we save a project. I see that the file folder contains many files and zipped folder. Is there a way to understand how they are organized? Specifically I would like to understand if the project once it is opened uses the original file to display the orthophotos or uses a copy of them placed in the ancillary filed (I guess in the zip folder). I am asking because I need to build different orthomosaics of the same set of images (calibrated thermal, .tiff, ~1000) but with different thermal calibration parameter (the alignment process of these images took me 4 days, more than 80 hours of computation!!), and thus I am trying to find a way to avoid the alignment step by substituting the new calibrated images in the ancillary folder of the project considering that they are the same image but with variation of temperature values that do not impact in any way the image itself.
Or, an alternative solution, is there a way to apply the tie points of the first orthomosaic to the new set of images?
Hope to have been clear.
Any solution is welcome
Matteo

James

• View Profile
Re: details on projects "ancillary" files\folder
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2021, 01:51:09 PM »
Will the 'change path' feature do what you need?

It should allow you to switch the source images for new ones, so long as they have the same resolution, and it's only 'values' that have changed and not the 'geometry' i.e. distortion correction etc.

monviso

• View Profile
Re: details on projects "ancillary" files\folder
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2021, 07:31:54 PM »
Many Thanks, it should work...
so many time there is an easiest solution!
Matteo