Forum

Author Topic: Matches listed in console but not in "View Matches"  (Read 1784 times)

Felix_

• View Profile
Matches listed in console but not in "View Matches"
« on: February 25, 2021, 12:08:51 PM »
Hi,

I can not get the Photo Alignment to work, because Metashape does not find any matches between the images. The weird thing is that the console (or the log file) says that many hundreds of thousands of matches are found, however, the alignment fails and when I click on "View Matches" I see that most images have no matches at all. Just a few images have up to 10 matches and they are all marked as invalid. I knew the issue of having thousands of matches that are marked as "Invalid" in  the "View Matches" window, but in this case I don't even have invalid matches. I can't explain at which steps I lost all the matches that are mentioned in the console. I attached a screenshot to clarify my situation.

I am using 28 sets of Photos from 4 DSLR cameras that I use as a Multi-Camera-System (i.e. I have 4 sensors and 28 cameras). The images are from a calibration board that I believe to be suitable for matching in Metashape, as it contains a lot of texture.

Thanks in advance for any help!  :)

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Matches listed in console but not in "View Matches"
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2021, 02:14:32 PM »
Hello Felix,

Can you share (as an attachment) the complete processing log related to Align Photos procedure for this project?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Felix_

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2021, 03:21:59 PM »
Hi Alexey,

Sure, here is the part of the log file related to this alignment procedure.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2021, 11:00:49 AM »
Hello Felix,

Do you have any completely masked images in this project?

It seems that you have Apply Masks to Tie Points option enabled which suppresses any tie points found in the masked areas. Please check, if using Apply Masks to Key Points instead resolves the problem.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Felix_

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2021, 12:34:16 PM »
Hello Alexey,

That's it!
Some images were masked completely, because they only showed the calibration board from the side. I ran it again using "Apply Masks to Key Points" and it worked.

Thank you :)