Forum

Author Topic: Split in chunks script settings : modify mesh quality  (Read 1506 times)

thibaut_p

• View Profile
Split in chunks script settings : modify mesh quality
« on: March 03, 2021, 02:43:57 PM »
Hello.
First, thank you very much for this very useful forum.
I have been using the "Split in chunks" script for a few days, very useful for big data processing.
I want to adapt the script to modify the quality of the mesh. (It seems to me that by default, medium quality is on. I want to use "high quality", or "ultrahight")
I'm trying to update the script with "quality = High" like this:
try:
                            new_chunk.buildModel (quality = High,
                                                 surface_type = mode_maille,
                                                 source_data = Metashape.DataSource.DenseCloudData,
                                                 interpolation = Metashape.Interpolation.EnabledInterpolation,

face_count = Metashape.FaceCount.HighFaceCount).

It does not work.

So I try with "quality = HighQuality" or "quality = Metashape.quality.HighQuality"

So ... it doesn't work anyway.

Has anyone tried to make this type of modification?
thanks in advance
thibaut

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Split in chunks script settings : modify mesh quality
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2021, 06:40:58 PM »
Hello Thibaut,

Which Metashape version you are using?

According to the provided code sample the mesh model is generated based on the dense cloud, therefore you need to generate the depth maps in the desired quality, then build dense cloud from them and generate mesh from that dense cloud. Alternatively you can build mesh directly from the depth maps source (depth maps should be still generated in the desired quality).
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC