Forum

Author Topic: Visual display of 'per image' marker error  (Read 5183 times)

James

• View Profile
Visual display of 'per image' marker error
« on: June 10, 2013, 03:48:58 PM »
When you position a marker it turns green and photoscan's inferred position (grey flag) disappears. I would like an option to leave it visible or some other way of showing the disparity i.e. error bars, numeric x,y pixel error etc.

If I am right in thinking (in my ever simplistic way) that the error values shown in ground control are based on the difference between where the markers have been placed and where photoscan thinks they should be, then it would be really useful to know where it thinks they should be.

Sometimes I stare at a project far too long trying to work out where an error is originating from and eventually realise it is because I put a marker in a stupid place. Most of the time photoscan's estimated positions are more accurate than me!

Maybe this is because I vary rarely work with printed targets and more often building features that are surveyed using scanning and total station so is too easy to put markers in the wrong place...

dcm39

• View Profile
Marker errors for each photo
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 01:29:45 PM »
It would be REALLY useful to have some measure of the error pixel error for each photo that a marker is picked in. Maybe this could be included in the photos pane when the details view is chosen (when the photos are filtered by maker)

At present, if you pick a marker in a photo that is poorly positioned, it really skews the location of the marker, but it is extremely difficult to go back and work out which photo is the problem!

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Marker errors for each photo
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 01:33:55 PM »
Hello dcm39,

In the next update there will be Show Info option for markers that will display individual reprojection errors of the selected marker for the sub-set of images it has projections on.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

dcm39

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 02:06:30 PM »
Awesome, thanks Alexey.

nils

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 02:31:06 PM »
That's great news, thanks. It would be even better if it was possible to just remove markers from photos where the reprojection errors are larger than a given threshold.