Forum

Author Topic: CL_BUILD_PROGRAM_FAILURE (-11) at line 1013  (Read 3234 times)

mamirkhani

• View Profile
CL_BUILD_PROGRAM_FAILURE (-11) at line 1013
« on: February 26, 2021, 01:14:54 PM »
Hello Dear Friend

How can I fix this Error: CL_BUILD_PROGRAM_FAILURE (-11) at line 627

It happened when I want to make Dense Point Cloud or Mesh

Thanks

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: CL_BUILD_PROGRAM_FAILURE (-11) at line 1013
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2021, 04:24:35 PM »
Hello mamirkhani,

You need to update GPU drivers.

If the issue persists, please send the complete processing log from the Console pane related to the failed operation.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

RHenriques

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2021, 09:51:23 PM »
Hi Alexey

As I told before, this issue is becoming more common, even with some tweaks. In my case it seems to be linked to an overclocked Nvidia GTX 1080 TI by MSI. The other one behaves normally. The processing is successful when the memory demand is slightly lower, for instance using High instead of UltraHigh (sometimes, if we are dealing with a big project, it also happens in "high"). If possible, it would be great to lower the VRam consumption, as you explained to be in the works for version 1.7.3. Even better would be a way to assign the percentage of processing to a certain GPU to lower the demand. If I had a way to lower the processing load to the most powerful GPU, the problem would be gone for certain. I've been paying attention and the problem occurs when this GPU has 3 consecutive peaks in maximum memory consumption. The syntax of the error varies but is very similar to the one posted by mamirkhani (only numbers vary)

Error: CL_BUILD_PROGRAM_FAILURE (-11) at line 627

Best Regards

RHenriques

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2021, 02:44:22 AM »
Hi

I've just corrected a "MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming" to avoid these errors. I was suspicious that most of them were related to GPU modifications of some sort, because I have a stock GTX 1080 Ti and one modified by MSI. While using processing intensive calculations, the unmodified one usually is stable while the MSI usually fails, with errors similar to the one above (CUDA fails). The PASCAL series from Nvidia have an unmodifiable BIOS so we can not tweak it permanently (go figure). The only way to underclock it, to try to get some stability, is with MSI Afterburner for instance. By using afterburner, I've tested to lower 100 mhz the clock speed and I've got it to be pretty stable . I've decided, then, to use nvflash to flash this card to a slower MSI bios, without a strong overclocking (in my case used this Bios https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/191757/msi-gtx1080ti-11264-170118). By doing this I was able to have the specs on pair with the stock Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti. The only drawback is that the fans are always on, keeping the GPU very cool. Better "always on" than "off" after all. Now the GPU is very stable and all those CUDA errors are gone. I was able to process several projects that gave me those kind of errors without any problem now.
Best Regards