Forum

Author Topic: Problems importing GCP coordinates after Detect Markers non-coded targets  (Read 2314 times)

3DWinter

• View Profile
Hello,
I am exploring using the Detect Markers (under ToolsMm>Markers) -Cross (none-coded)

Metashape successfully found 3 GCPS:
Code: [Select]
2021-03-16 22:58:57 created 3 markers (13 projections used, 8 projections discarded)
2021-03-16 22:58:57 Finished processing in 36.886 sec (exit code 1)
Next, when I tried to import the coordinates of these 3 GCPS, I checked Ignore label, and dialed the Threshold (m), 10-100; nothing seemed to happen except the output in the console:
Code: [Select]
2021-03-16 23:05:45 ImportReference: path = C:/Users/yyal/data_processing/winter_20_21/100_0013_good_3-1/products.prd/Pass_control_2021_112_cp_111_112_113.csv
2021-03-16 23:05:45 Importing reference...
2021-03-16 23:05:45 Identifying markers...
2021-03-16 23:05:45 Finished processing in 0.039 sec (exit code 1)
Last, to show that the GCPs and the Detected none-coded are fairly close I loaded the GCPs manually seen in the last attachment.
Thoughts?

Paulo

• View Profile
Hi 3Dwinter,

maybe you can check the altitude of your GCPs. They seem to be referenced to MSL or Orthometric heights. If your camera positions refer to elipsoidal heights then difference with ortho heights could be more than 7 m in your area (NAVD88 Geoid12b) and perhaps this could be the source of issue?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 04:15:03 PM by Paulo »
Best Regards,
Paul Pelletier,
Surveyor

3DWinter

• View Profile
Hey Paulo,
that was a great catch, my cameras were in fact in ellipsoid heights instead of GEIOD88.  Yet, surprisingly, that was NOT the main problem, myself overlooking, and Agisoft none-clear instructions!

The instructions below, miss a critical step to change Items: from All to Markers!
This is obvious, but when someone works with Detect Markers for the first time and following instructions to the comma, it is easy to overlook that selection option on the lower right corner of the frame- which cost me half a workday!

On p.88 of the manual under the title "Non-coded targets implementation"

[quotefor non-coded targets to be matched automatically, it is necessary to run align photos procedure first.
Non-coded targets.
Non-coded targets are more appropriate for aerial surveying projects due to the simplicity of the pattern
to be printed on a large scale.
When non-coded targets are detected Metashape allows automatic matching of detected non-coded targets
with referencing coordinates imported from file. To do that, when importing referencing coordinates
check the Ignore labels box in the Import CSV dialog. Metashape will try to match non-coded targets
markers with imported referencing coordinates markers, in case of success non-coded targets markers
will have corresponding coordinates. In case automatic matching does not work or works with errors,[/quote]

I wish Agisoft had the instructions above concise in bullet points and added in "Items" change to "Markers".