Forum

Author Topic: Exporting model markers to CAD and create a 3D "points and lines" model  (Read 5085 times)

speedbrake

• View Profile
Hi
we are registered users and we are making some tests consisting of:

- starting from a well completed 3D model obatained using images having EXIF field with gps Lat, Lon, Elev
- create several 3D markers applied to visible edges or points of model
- export these points as .txt file in WGS84 format (a little sample here attached)
- open it in Autocad Map3d  or similar (setting WGS84 reference system) in order to link each pair of points and create a 3D "points and lines" model useful for CAD or measuring activities.

Is there someone who have tried to excute this procedure with well results?
We are able to complete the Autocad import but we can display only a 2D map...
it seems that Autocad cannot use the elevation field of each point in the list.
Probably we need a better choise of reference system setup during the export in Agisoft and import in Autocad...
thanks
paolo

speedbrake

• View Profile
...we have tried also to Convert all markers in Monte Mario Italy zone1 Projection Coordinates System and import it in Autocad Map3d having taken care to adopt the same PCS inside it.
We can display that in 2D but not in 3D.....

speedbrake

• View Profile
...well, finally we have reached the wanted results...but some suggestion are very appreciated, mainly about the Projected Coordinates System to be used.....
paolo

frank.stremke

• View Profile
hello
i would sugest to use a program wich allows you to open any kind of textfile (with coordinates) and which can then be saved as a dxf file withe point nr. displayed.
zeiss edplus and topconlink come to my mind here.
this way you have full control over all parameters just project your ps file to the format you whant i would sugest a rectangular metric format of course (like UTM)
if you need any more details let me know
frank