Forum

Author Topic: top of the bounding box keeps chopping off model top  (Read 1327 times)

kiran

• View Profile
top of the bounding box keeps chopping off model top
« on: March 22, 2021, 07:43:01 PM »
Hello,

I have this issue where the top of the model keeps getting chopped off by the bounding box. As you can see the sparse cloud has points, but the BB seems to ignore it. Is it possible to set the top of the BB using density of sparse cloud? or really any other way to programmatically to not have the top chopped off using Python?

Thank you

Kiran

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: top of the bounding box keeps chopping off model top
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2021, 10:28:19 PM »
Hello Kiran,

You need to increase the number of tie points detected on such outstanding elements in order to increase their weight for automatic bounding box positioning.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

kiran

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2021, 05:42:16 AM »
Hello Alex,

Thank you for your response.

I tired increasing the "tiePointLimit", but the top of the model still seems to be chopped off. I am attaching two example, where I increased the tiePointLimit from 4000 to 6000/8000 (with keyPointLimit at 40000), but the top is still getting chopped off. Is there any other way I can set the BB height dynamically? or try to estimate the where the model height ends? 

Thank you

Kiran

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2021, 11:39:00 AM »
Hello Kiran,

I have meant, that taking more images of the outstanding parts would help. Also you can adjust the image acquisition process in such way that images contain more information of the object itself and less of the background. In such way the density of the tie point cloud would be more or less regular all over the object's surface and the automatic orientation of the bounding box should not cut the object's parts.

Using the script you can calculate the distribution of the tie points and estimate the size of the bounding box "manually", but you may still need to filter out some tie points, as few outliers could be distant from the object itself and extending the bounding box will not be reasonable.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC