Forum

Author Topic: Error message "Incompatible keypoints"  (Read 10388 times)

DayGeckoArt

• View Profile
Re: Error message "Incompatible keypoints"
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2022, 09:29:38 PM »
Hello DayGeckoArt,

Thank you for sharing additional information related to the project. I would say that the problem could be related to the chunk merging operation - can you please confirm, if it has been performed for this project?

If chunk merging has been applied, please specify the processing parameters (of Align Photos stage) used for each chunk, and also specify, if Merge Tie Points option has been used for the chunk merging procedure.

No merging because I didn't append a new chunk, I only added the new photos direclty.

I have done an append and a merge chunk with another project and that worked fine

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2022, 12:57:28 PM »
Hello DayGeckoArt,

Can you please then provide step-by-step instruction, how the issue can be reproduced (starting from the newly created empty project)? I wasn't able to reproduce it following the "incremental camera alignment" procedure and the only case when the "incompatible keypoints" error has been observed was approach involving chunk merging operation.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

DayGeckoArt

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2022, 04:41:04 AM »
I did exactly what the manual says

1- I started with a project that already had a dense cloud made

2- Then loaded new photos taken on a different day

3- Added a few markers to new photos

4- Ran align with "reset alignment" unchecked

5- Got error message

Also tried without step 3 and same error

« Last Edit: April 14, 2022, 04:48:17 AM by DayGeckoArt »

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2022, 12:46:04 PM »
Hello DayGeckoArt,

In the report file that you have provided I do not see any information about the camera alignment parameters used for the initial alignment and also no information about the version used for the initial alignment.

Are you able to reproduce the problem with the newly created project (using fewer images to reduce the processing time)?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

jenkinsm

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2022, 09:07:59 PM »
I'm getting the same error in 1.8.2. I did merge two chunks and I'm no longer able to align new photos to the merged chunk. This is a huge problem and a big waste of time if it's not able to be resolved easily.

DayGeckoArt

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2022, 09:52:56 PM »
I'm getting the same error in 1.8.2. I did merge two chunks and I'm no longer able to align new photos to the merged chunk. This is a huge problem and a big waste of time if it's not able to be resolved easily.
They replied to my email with my report and confirmed it's caused by having a chunk made of merged chunks. I had thought Alexey was asking if my new photos were in a chunk, but the problem is apparently caused by any previous merges

jenkinsm

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2022, 10:14:08 PM »
They replied to my email with my report and confirmed it's caused by having a chunk made of merged chunks. I had thought Alexey was asking if my new photos were in a chunk, but the problem is apparently caused by any previous merges

Figured. Did they give any workarounds or an ETA on a bugfix?

DayGeckoArt

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2022, 11:09:38 PM »

No, I sent my logs from when I did the merges so maybe they'll come up with a fix.

My fix was to do align photos with Reset Alignments checked to re-align everything again. I guess if you have your previous unmerged chunks you can add photos to one of them, then merge afterward

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2022, 02:25:25 PM »

The procedure of the chunk merging operation will be fixed in 1.8.4 version, on a matter of keypoints merging.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

jenkinsm

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2022, 11:39:04 PM »

No, I sent my logs from when I did the merges so maybe they'll come up with a fix.

My fix was to do align photos with Reset Alignments checked to re-align everything again. I guess if you have your previous unmerged chunks you can add photos to one of them, then merge afterward

I managed to make it work by rebuilding the tie point cloud but without realigning all the photos. It still took an entire day to fix :(