Forum

Author Topic: How do you get models to export as clean as they appear in Metashape?  (Read 2603 times)

heynewt

• View Profile

Hi,

See these 2 screen comparisons.  I scanned this object, and the results IN METASHAPE are beautiful.  Smooth, clean walls, detail in windows and doors, etc.

When I export it as an .OBJ file and bring into 3ds Max (or Modo) I get the 2nd result.  How can I export the object file and achieve the same level of quality that I'm seeing in the Metashape viewer window?

Thanks,

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: How do you get models to export as clean as they appear in Metashape?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2021, 08:49:58 PM »
Hello heynewt,

The second screenshot looks like the untextured model is shown with the interpolated mesh vertices colors only (similar to Shaded view mode Metashape). So you may need to switch to the textured view mode.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

heynewt

• View Profile
Re: How do you get models to export as clean as they appear in Metashape?
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2021, 09:26:31 PM »
Hi Alexy,

Thanks for the quick response.  The 2nd screen shot is not vertex colors only.  It includes textures.  On closer inspection, I think that the Metashape model contains the surface irregularities you see on the 2nd screenshot, however they don't appear in the Metashape viewer, because I suppose you're not using any kind of lighting model in Metashape but rather just displaying the textures at 100% emissive which "hides" the imperfections of the actual model somewhat.

UPDATE: Ahh, just discovered that I could view the model in wireframe!  It's got the same surface issues.  Thanks.

Thanks.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 09:31:52 PM by heynewt »