Forum

Author Topic: remesh on Maya then import and calculate the abnormally long texture.  (Read 1416 times)

Alex.Le.Bras

• View Profile
Hello,

On Metashape, I read that it was possible to export the mesh to rework it outside the software and then reimport it to launch the texture calculation.

This is what I did and for the second time, the calculation time is very, very long. And this is not usual.

I'm asking you because the last time it happened to me, I got very bad textures, almost one color.

Is it possible to do this? Even if you rebuild a small part of the mesh by replacing a defective part?

Thanks in advance for your answer,

Alex.Le.Bras

• View Profile
remesh on Maya then import and calculate the abnormally long texture.
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2021, 09:26:06 PM »
Sorry for the moderators, I'm posting this topic but I think I've already done it but as I didn't receive a confirmation by mail I prefer to make sure :)

Hello,

On Metashape, I read that it was possible to export the mesh to rework it outside the software and then reimport it to launch the texture calculation.

This is what I did and for the second time, the calculation time is very, very long. And this is not usual.

I'm asking you because the last time it happened to me, I got very bad textures, almost one color.

Is it possible to do this? Even if you rebuild a small part of the mesh by replacing a defective part?

Thanks in advance for your answer,

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: remesh on Maya then import and calculate the abnormally long texture.
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2021, 10:25:16 PM »
Hello Alex,

Can you specify the steps that you have taken after building the mesh model in Metashape?

Also please specify, if the re-imported model fits the original model location and orientation and you do not see any artifacts of the mesh in the Model view of Metashape. Please also check that the polygon normals are not inverted.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC