Forum

Author Topic: Issue processing colour using the ProPhoto RGB colour space  (Read 2237 times)

Cyberworld

• View Profile
Issue processing colour using the ProPhoto RGB colour space
« on: April 24, 2021, 06:07:50 PM »
After testing for several hours and with several different sets of data, I'm concluding that Metashape 1.7.2 does not process or parse correctly 16-bit or 8-bit photos with the ProPhoto RGB colour space. Upon importing photos, the colour values change and for some reason the quality of the produced thin point cloud is lower than with using other colour spaces (checked with Adobe RGB, sRGB, and DNG/RAW without assigned colour space). Since the Metashape manual states that "Metashape uses the full color range for image matching operation and is not downsampling the color information to 8 bit", I'm considering this a potential software bug, unless there is confirmation that the ProPhoto RGB is not a supported colour space in Metashape.

An example of what happens in another post I made earlier today: https://www.agisoft.com/forum/index.php?topic=13301.0

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Issue processing colour using the ProPhoto RGB colour space
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2021, 06:51:01 PM »
Hello Cyberworld,

Maybe you can share a sample dataset related to the reported issue to support@agisoft.com?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Cyberworld

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2021, 11:55:08 AM »
Would it be ok to send big files? I'm uploading the folder with everything including initial photos to a OneDrive location.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2021, 01:33:43 PM »
Hello Cyberworld,

Yes, it should be fine to share the link to OneDrive to support@agisoft.com.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC