Forum

Author Topic: Filling In Sea Area  (Read 2429 times)

RoryG

• View Profile
Filling In Sea Area
« on: April 25, 2021, 01:49:08 PM »
Hi, we are surveying several coastal sites at low tide for our client, and they have requested that we "fill in" the sea in the orthos. Obviously we won't be able to process the sea areas with Metashape, however is there any way of manually positioning photos of the sea into the ortho inside Metashape, or will this need to be done in an image editor then create a world file? I've attached an image to show what's required.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Filling In Sea Area
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2021, 04:04:37 PM »
Hello RoryG,

If you have images taken over the water bodies and related exterior orientation information (coordinates of the camera locations with camera orientation angles), you can use the following script to apply that EO information to not aligned cameras:
https://github.com/agisoft-llc/metashape-scripts/blob/master/src/quick_layout.py

Then you should generate the DEM with extrapolated option selected and run build orthomosaic operation.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

RoryG

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2021, 05:02:50 PM »
Thank you Alexey, that's exactly what I was after. We're doing the surveys this week so I'll let you know how I get on.

RoryG

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2021, 01:26:55 PM »
Hello RoryG,

If you have images taken over the water bodies and related exterior orientation information (coordinates of the camera locations with camera orientation angles), you can use the following script to apply that EO information to not aligned cameras:
https://github.com/agisoft-llc/metashape-scripts/blob/master/src/quick_layout.py

Then you should generate the DEM with extrapolated option selected and run build orthomosaic operation.

Hi Alexey,

Should I import all the images at the start, or just add in the sea images before building the DEM?

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2021, 02:16:21 PM »
Hello RoryG,

You can add images of the water bodies before building the orthomosaic, the script, however, should be started before building the orthomosaic. It requires the exterior orientation parameters to be loaded to the Reference pane for those images.
Script will be automatically applied to not aligned cameras only.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC