Forum

Author Topic: remove points by confidence  (Read 3914 times)

ejr32123

• View Profile
remove points by confidence
« on: April 26, 2021, 01:24:50 AM »
Hello,

I am just trying to delete low confidence points, but for some reason it is really difficult. So I select dense cloud, then filter by confidence, then I set threshold to 2-255. Then I did compact dense point cloud thinking it would delete the removed points but that does not work.  Then I tried filtering by confidence, selecting all the points, then inverting selection, then reset filter, but no points are selected. Then I figured I could select the points I dont want. So instead of setting threshold to 2-255, I set it from 0 -2 hoping to select all the low quality points, but that does not work either. so how am I supposed to delete the low confidence points? I am using the standard edition.

Thanks

ejr32123

• View Profile
Re: remove points by confidence
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2021, 04:23:09 AM »
hmm, I actually found the solution, its because filter points by confidence was doing the opposite of what I thought it was. I needed to set my min to 0 and max to 2, I thought it was leaving the good points, but turns out it was displaying the bad points, so I can just select them hit delete then reset filter.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: remove points by confidence
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2021, 02:38:12 PM »
Hello ejr32123,

Yes, if you need to remove the points with low confidence value, you need to  filter points with low confidence (that you wish to remove) - [0 - N], select them, then use Delete selection tool in Model view.

After that you can use Compact Dense Cloud command, it you with to remove the points from the project forever without "restore points" possibility.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC