Forum

Author Topic: K3 or not  (Read 437 times)

MaciekK

• View Profile
K3 or not
« on: May 11, 2021, 09:46:00 PM »
Hi,
Is it possible to perform photo alignment without using the K3 parameter, maybe some Python script? If it doesn't make sense please correct me but when optimizing my cameras I often turn off K3 and the results are good and the calibration seems more correct than with K3. I mean a situation where I have few points in a sparse cloud
Regards Maciek

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: K3 or not
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2021, 05:47:24 PM »
Hello Maciek,

Via Tools Menu -> Camera Calibration dialog -> Fixed parameters dialog you can select which calibration coefficients shouldn't be adjusted, so if their initial value is "zero", they will not be adjusted, if fixed.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

MaciekK

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2021, 11:11:37 AM »
Alexey, thanks for the advice, of course it works. Do you think that the limitation to the K2 param makes sense, I work with the Zenmuse P1 sensor. I have the impression that when limited to K2, a dense cloud is generated faster.
Regards Maciek

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2021, 04:44:13 PM »
Hello Maciek,

That depends on the camera/lens sepcifics.

You can perform some calibration flight with the considerable number of check and control points and see, which set of parameters for optimization gives you better results: lower errors on control/check points and lower tie point reprojection errors.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC