Forum

Author Topic: Thermal model texturing with Altum  (Read 1945 times)

artp

• View Profile
Thermal model texturing with Altum
« on: May 26, 2021, 05:12:20 PM »
Hello everyone,

I am trying to create a 3D Model with thermal texturing of a building but it does not seem to work with Metashape (version 1.7.2 build 12070).

I am working with a Micasense Altum and followed the processing workflow (https://agisoft.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000148381-micasense-altum-processing-workflow-including-reflectance-calibration-in-agisoft-metashape-professi) to align photos and build dense cloud.

I managed to build a Mesh and an Orthomosaic. The thermal data may be visualized in the orthomosaic (with Set Raster transform) but when I try texturing the model, my model gets unicolored, as if the thermal data have the same value. I also tried to apply the Raster Transform but the model is still unicolored.

I tried the solution proposed in https://www.agisoft.com/forum/index.php?topic=6777.0 :
- process RGB dataset as usual,
- rename the "thermal" images according to the RGB images (and converting to JPG as well), put them to the separate folder,
- use Change Path option in the processed chunk and swap paths to the thermal dataset (the names should be identical, including the upper/lower case),
- import masks from original png set (Tools Menu -> Import Masks -> From file), I've used "{filename}.RGB.png" in the filename template field,
- build texture.

But I get a "image size mismatch" when changing the path as thermal images have lower resolution.

Does anyone managed to create a 3D Model with thermal texturing ? What is the right process to build one ?

Thank you

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Thermal model texturing with Altum
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2021, 10:28:43 PM »
Hello artp,

Can you provide the screenshot of Transform and Palette tabs from Raster Calculator dialog with the settings that you are trying to apply for the texture?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

artp

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2021, 05:54:30 PM »
Hello Alexey,

You will find the screenshots of Transform and Palette tabs attached.

Thank you

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2021, 06:05:13 PM »
Hello artp,

I've tried similar approach in Metashape 1.7.3 on some pre-processed public Altum dataset and it seems to be displayed properly (see the attachment).

No special actions have been performed (such as swapping image sets) - just regular processing workflow has been completed, including Build Mesh and Build Texture steps.

Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

artp

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2021, 11:18:54 AM »
Hello Alexey,

I've just figure out that my problem was not totally clearly explained. I agree with your last response, there is no issue with Altum data when generating a mesh then applying texture.

But what I am trying to do is to apply the texture from Altum images to a 3D mesh generated with a standard camera. I tried the following method :
  • I generated a mesh from RGB images and aligned/built dense cloud from Altum data in separate chunks.
  • I referenced both chunks with markers in local sytem
  • I import the RGB model to the Altum data chunk
  • I apply the texture to the model
The texture is ok for channel 1 to 5 (RGB, Red Edge, NIR) and Raster Transform works for these channels (NDVI formula for example). But the texture for thermal data is not working, I get an unicolored model and Raster Transform does not work either. Could it be a bug in Metashape?

The weird thing is that, afterward, when I generate an orthomosaic from the textured model, the thermal data may be visualized (with Set Raster transform), so the problem seems to be texturing the mesh with thermal data.

Thank for your help !

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2021, 03:03:21 PM »
Hello artp,

Maybe you can save a small copy of the project, where only textured mesh is present (imported mesh that is textured by Altum camera with the raster transform applied), save it in PSZ format and send to support@agisoft.om?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

artp

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2021, 11:51:17 AM »
Hello Alexey,

I have just sent a small project via WeTransfer to support@agisoft.com.

Thank you

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2021, 02:38:28 PM »
Hello artp,

According to the provided project - all the used values in the sixth orthomosaic channel (related to LWIR band) are 65535.

I'll try to reproduce the problem on another project, following the same steps as in your workflow.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC