Forum

Author Topic: How to get adaptive resolution of texture?  (Read 2156 times)

Sebastian.Stumpf

• View Profile
How to get adaptive resolution of texture?
« on: April 26, 2021, 04:26:17 PM »
Hi!

Background: I need a high resolution texture of certain parts of a model. I was able to realice it by creating two chunks; one chunk as an overview of the overall model and the second chunk containing the close-up pictures of the details, then obviously aligning and merging the chunks together.
See an example here (credit for the pictures goes to Eugene Liscio): https://www.dropbox.com/s/mu4nh6zbclrqnlq/Animation_CoinCloseup2.mov?dl=0

Question: Is there a better way to let Metashape take over control of this for the texture? It made a very good job for the Mesh-resolution when using only one chunk, but I could not manage to get a high resolution of those parts in texture where I need more details. I already tried with bigger texture size and count and with tiled Model, but without getting the same results as shown above.

Thanks and kind regards
Sebastian

Bzuco

• View Profile
Re: How to get adaptive resolution of texture?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2021, 10:22:19 AM »
1. export mesh from metashape
2. import mesh in blender/3dsmax/...other apps
3. unwrap mesh and scale up polygons(areas where you want more details) in UV editor, but keep every polygon in UV square with no overlaps.
4. import mesh back to metashape
5. make texture with Mapping mode set to keep UV

In example I grabbed top right part of mesh and enlarged it, so in the result that part is much sharper in final texture.

SebastianStumpf

• View Profile
Re: How to get adaptive resolution of texture?
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2021, 03:59:01 PM »
Thanks, Bzuco!

That is a great idea! I will give it a try!

Thanks ad kind regards
Sebastian