Forum

Author Topic: Borrowing license via python  (Read 1501 times)

drirun

• View Profile
Borrowing license via python
« on: June 02, 2021, 08:05:01 PM »
Hello.

My SfM desktop uses a floating license that I typically borrow when needed via the GUI. However due to a change in one of the firewalls, I can no longer access the license server. I can access it over VPN though. That would work if I was in the office, However I am home.

Once I activate the VPN to bypass the firewall issue, I get dropped from Remote Desktop as the ip address changes.

I wanted to write a quick script that I could use to connect the VPN, borrow the license via python, then disconnect the VPN. I got the script to work sans the borrowing license portion.

Is there a python or command line statement for borrowing a floating license for say 5 days from a license server?

There is no ETA on the firewall fix, as it seems I am the only user experiencing the issue so it's not a high priority. The office is 90 miles from me, so driving there just to borrow the license seems ridiculous.

Thanks

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Borrowing license via python
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2021, 09:24:51 PM »
Hello drirun,

Please try to create RLM_ROAM environment variable with value set to 5, while computer is connected to the floating license server and then check, if Metashape works in the activated mode after disconnecting from the license server network.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC