Forum

Author Topic: Point cloud / Ortho are skewed/tilted (no GCPs)  (Read 17742 times)

ATMZF4

• View Profile
Re: Point cloud / Ortho are skewed/tilted (no GCPs)
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2020, 03:54:22 PM »
Hi Paul,  Thank you so much! the adaptive camera model fitting option was the last missing piece i think. I aligned the photos with your options and created the dense point cloud with the full picture set and it looks amzing (see below). Just out of curiosity: Is it recommended to do a filtering of the dense cloud similar to the sparse cloud with the gradual filter option? I couldnt select it, thats why i wanted to ask if usually you wouldnt want to do that? Thanks again for your help! you are my hero oif the week haha.

BR

Jannic

Paulo

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2020, 12:15:59 AM »
Hi ATMZ4,

if you hace created your dense cloud with Calculate Point Confidence option, then you can view Dense Cloud Confidence as in attached screen capture.

The redder the tone, the least confidence.

Using Tools > Dense Cloud > Filter by Confidence, you filter for example only points with confidence min/max 0 to 1 and get 2nd screen capture...

Just select these points and delete... your Dense cloud will now only have points with confidence 2 to 255....
Best Regards,
Paul Pelletier,
Surveyor

aarondesalvio

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2022, 01:12:32 AM »
I know I am late to this post, but I have developed this series of camera calibration parameters that has allowed for reproducible non-warped sparse and dense clouds using the Mavic 2 Pro. Of course, camera calibration parameters (at least in my understanding) can vary based on environment, but I have had luck with using parameters retroactively on previously collected data using the same drone with great success. Considering the camera is the same, it is my suspicion that these parameters will work for other data sets.

Basic procedure:
- Tools > Camera Calibration > load in the .xml file
- While in the Camera Calibration menu, go to fixed parameters > all
- Alignment settings: 50k key point / 5k tie point, generic and reference preselection, exclude stationary tie points

And you're off to the races. Please let me know if this helped you at all.

Best regards,

Aaron