Forum

Author Topic: Help with a mesh error  (Read 1937 times)

OZDF

• View Profile
Help with a mesh error
« on: July 13, 2021, 12:05:14 PM »
Hi everyone,
I am working on a wooden piece and I am facing a problem and I don't know how to solve it.
As you can see in the attached pictures, the lower part (2) is totally deformed and incorrect unlike the part above (1).
All the other parts are ok, this kind of errors are visible only in the lower part on the behind of the object.
I generated the mesh from the depth map (quality high, aggressive filter), generic, fusion mode medium, about 24.000.000 faces (up to 28 after the mesh refinement) and 14.000.000 verticles.
The source photos are about 1600, distributed all around the object.
Is there a way to solve this problem? How it could have been generated? Maybe there something I can do to obtain something better. And since the rest of the project is good, can I intervene just on the problematic section, or should I do all the process again?
Thank you so much

c-r-o-n-o-s

• View Profile
Re: Help with a mesh error
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2021, 03:56:40 PM »
In a textured mesh, it is very difficult to see the errors.
Maybe you can show a picture without texture again?

OZDF

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2021, 04:15:46 PM »
In a textured mesh, it is very difficult to see the errors.
Maybe you can show a picture without texture again?

Here's a detail without texture, as you can see, the lower part is full of 'bubbles'

James

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2021, 04:28:50 PM »
How it could have been generated?

It could have been generated if you have insufficient photos looking directly into those bottom 'bays' from close to floor level.

The errors are greatest at the top of these 'bays' which are the parts that wouldn't get photographed if you didn't get down low enough, or didn't maintain your density of images at this level.