Forum

Author Topic: Point Cloud/ Orthomosaic Plane Tilted  (Read 1641 times)

mcarlson113

• View Profile
Point Cloud/ Orthomosaic Plane Tilted
« on: July 09, 2021, 10:41:01 PM »
Hello,

I am using a custom built hexcopter fitted with a GoPro Hero 4 IR camera and Agisoft Metashape Professional 1.7.3 to create orthomosaic images. The project continually has the same problem with the image appearing to be tilted about 30 degrees from the horizontal no matter what parameters I can think to add. I have all the orientation and GPS information from my flight computer available for use but I think the problem is with the calibration feature.  When I use my FLIR Vue Pro R, I do not run into the same problems with the calibration because the program is able to recognize the camera model and import the parameters automatically without my intervention.

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Point Cloud/ Orthomosaic Plane Tilted
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2021, 12:46:06 AM »
Hello mcarlson113,

Can you please provide a couple of screenshots demonstrating the problems (like tie point cloud with enabled camera locations, if it shows the problem) and the screenshot of the Adjusted values tab from Camera Calibration dialog?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

mcarlson113

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2021, 06:34:24 PM »
Alexey,

I tried to frame the point cloud so that the tilting issue is clearly visible but if it is not adequate, I can always attach another image or more information. I also included the adjusted values tab from the camera calibration menu.

Thank you.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2021, 01:48:13 AM »
Hello mcarlson113,

The relative alignment and calibration coefficients seem to be correct. So you should check the referencing information used for this data.

If you are using camera coordinates, please check the error values for them in the Reference pane and the visual representation of the errors in Tools Menu -> Survey Statistics tab.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC