Forum

Author Topic: Placing markers increase cameras error after optimization  (Read 8724 times)

aag_frei

• View Profile
Placing markers increase cameras error after optimization
« on: July 16, 2021, 11:50:56 AM »
To whom it may concern,

I have several data set of pictures taken with a DJI drone at different heights and dates which I add to the project and have an acceptable error. However, as soon as I place the markers and optimize allignment, the cameras error rockets.

I have tried fixing the f value in the camera calibration menu since in the adjusted tab it was twice what it was in the initial tab, but that did not help.

Does anyone know why does that happen and how to fix it?

Thank you in advance!

DayGeckoArt

• View Profile
Re: Placing markers increase cameras error after optimization
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2022, 04:36:34 AM »
I'm new to photogrammetry and therefore not an expert, but I've been georeferencing flat images for over a decade in GIS. I'm pretty sure what you're seeing is that once you give the system accurate GCP coordinates, it now knows the errors in the GPS coordinates on the photos. If all it has is GPS data, it has no idea how accurate it is

DayGeckoArt

• View Profile
Re: Placing markers increase cameras error after optimization
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2022, 08:09:35 AM »
Now I can safely say that what I said is correct. The model, once it has accurate GCPs, then can figure out how inaccurate your camera GPS locations are. If you give it only camera GPS, it doesn't know how bad they are